Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Determine UltraDateTimeEditor current editing section
posted

Is there a way to determine the current editing section (e.g. MonthSection, YearSection, etc) on a UltraDateTimeEditor?

I think I could search for the SectionUIElement at the current caret position but I can't find a way to determine the caret position as an x/y coordinate.  Could you please advice?

Thanks,
Carlo

posted

Carlo,

Unfortunately, I don't see anything that is exposed that you could use to determine this.  There is a property called CaretRect that is on the Infragistics.Win.UltraWinMaskedEdit.EditInfo internal class, which itself is available from the EditInfo property of the EditorWithMask object.  You could cast the UltraDateTimeEditor's Editor property to an EditorWithMask and then use reflection to get at these objects, which will the give you the coordinates you need to walk across the UIElement hiearchy at this point.  You could also submit a feature request that some sort of logic be exposed for this; it's possible I missed something else that's already public that you could use, but I didn't see it.

-Matt