Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
exporting and printing
posted

I need help getting started with exporting and printing.  I can probably solve my problems with exporting if i just knew how to wire an ultragridexcelexporter to the export event.  All of the code samples i have found are coded examples of exports.  That is exporter.export(grid...

I want to intercept the export when a user right-clicks and selects export.  In this case, I need to append header information from controls on the view that are outside of the grid.  I also need to shift the band indentation and other general cleanup.  I need to do the same thing for printing.  can i intercept the print event, or do I need to remove those options from the popup menu and replace them with my own?

I tried to find this in the doc, but it is difficult for 2 reasons.  1)  When I access the online doc, everything points to asp.net help files.  2)  not sure what to search for.

Parents
    posted

As far as the documentation goes, you're likely clicking on the 3.5 framework help.  Since there is no Windows Forms build specific to 3.5, with the exception of the 8.3 Excel assemblies that require the 3.0 framwork, you should be looking at the help for the 2.0 framework.

I'm not sure what you mean by intercepting when the user right-clicks and selects export; is this a UI that you are providing?  If so, I'd think that you would have access to when that occurs.  The grid will re-fire the InitializeLayout event, though, at which point you can check e.Layout.IsExportLayout or e.Layout.IsPrintLayout and adjust your format accordingly.  You could also handle the various print events on the PrintDocument that you're using.

-Matt

Reply Children
No Data