Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraNumericEditor bounds and error checking/presentation
posted

I have an UltraNumericEditor set to NumericType double, minimum bound 0, maximum bound 1 and MaskInput and FormatString of n.nn and 0.00 respectively.

I use the spin button to spin the hundred's place to 5.  I then move to the one's place and spin that digit to 1.  I end up with 1.05.  This is above the maximum bound.  Admittedly, it "sort of" keeps the focus on that control when I leave it.  However, I'm not sure if the end-user will pick up on this.  Also, I say "sort of" because you can jump to another UltraNumericEditor and start using the spin buttons. You can't edit directly. 

What's the recommended way for handling min/max limits?  Do you recommend error providers?

Ideally, I would not like the user to be able to enter a number greater than 1 to begin with.  If there's no way to prevent some cases (such as pasting in 1.99), I'd at least like to have a more direct notification than just keeping the focus ("sort of") on the control. 

Do you have some advice, articles, or example?

Thanks,

Andrew

Parents Reply Children
No Data