Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
HTML Edit - UltraFormattedTextEditor
posted

I am using the Formatted Text Editor to do simple HTML editing in a WinForm app that will be rendered on a web site. All is working well except that now they want to include a target attribute in the hyperlink. I created my own hyperlink editing form and it properly builds the hyperlink text but when it is inserted into the editor it appears to strip off the target attribute. 

Is my observation correct? Is there a way for it to leave the target attribute on hyperlink?

Parents
No Data
    posted

I believe that the UltraFormattedTextEditor will try to parse all of the attributes that it recognizes for its values, but it will not maintain any attributes that are not supported since it was not designed as an HTML editor, but rather a custom XML editor.  I can't really think of any workarounds within the control itself, but maybe you can maintain a dictionary/hashtable of the links and their target attributes so that when you do end up copying the links, you can manually insert the target attribute yourself.

-Matt

Children
No Data