Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
LoadFromBinary
posted

I have code that sets up my ribbon at runtime, and when an MDI child form closes or another tab is switched to, various root tools are hidden via rootTool.SharedPros.Visible = false.  That hides the tool everywhere (i.e. QAT, app menu etc.) and life is good.

However I recently added code to invoked SaveToBinary() and LoadFromBinary().  At first I had some exceptions loading b/c tools I was creating programatically already existed.  I worked around that w/various key existinence checking etc.

The problem I have now is that if the ribbon was loaded from the file, when I close a form and rootTool.SharedProps.Visible gets set to False, the tool remains on the QAT and the app menu.  I cannot figure out the difference so far but removing the LoadFromBinary call resolves the problem.

Any ideas?  I can change ribbon initialization code if needed to account for loading from a file but am unsure what if anything might need adjusting. If I have to I can manually persist and load select ribbon settings to disk but would prefer to avoid if possible.

posted

Check to make sure you are not manually setting Visible back to True on the tools after loading the layout. Probably the best way to test this would be to remove all tool initialization code you have and just load a layout file. If the problem still occurs, it could be a bug and I would recommend submitting the issue to the support group: http://ko.infragistics.com/gethelp.