Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Gridbag - what property stops controls from overlaying each other?
posted

I have a bunch of controls slapped on a panel with a gridbag.  I have ALL the insets on these set to 5.  However, when the containing panel, the controls start squeezing together...and at some point they start overlaying each other a bit till eventually they stop sqeezing together (and as a side effect the scroll bar for the panel appears. 

1. How can I stop the controls from overlaying each other?

2. Better yet, how do I stop the controls from squeezing at all?   I just want the gridbag to layout the controls (with the 5 inset) and leave it.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi,

I'm afraid I an not sure what you are describing. When and why are the controls "squeezing together." The only time I can imagine that this would happen is if you resize the panel smaller so that there is not enough room for the contained controls to fit. Is that what you mean?

If so, then I'm not sure what behavior you want here? What do you want the panel to do when there is not enough room?

Children
No Data