Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
EditCellAppearance with BackGradientStyle not working for text columns
posted

Hello.

In the attached project I have two grids:

1) The one on the top has the ActiveRowAppearance set to two colors in a vertical gradient. The EditCellAppearance is not changed. I would expect the EditCellAppearance to resolve to the ActiveRowAppearance's BackColor, BackColor2 and BackGradientStyle. Only the BackColor is inherited. Is that the expected behavior or that's a bug?

2) The one on the bottom has ActiveRowAppearance and EditCellAppearance defined, including the BackColor, BackColor2 and BackGradientStyle. At run time only the Age and DateOfBirth columns honor the EditCellAppearance. The Name column does not honor it and I only get BackColor. Is that a bug? The only difference between the columns is the style. The Name column's Style is Edit. The Age column Style is IntegerPositive and the DateOfBirth column is DateWithSpin. I think the source of the problem is the editor fo the column; if I change the Style of the Age column to Edit, that column won't honor the EditCellAppearance either.

Thanks.

EditCellAppearanceTest.zip