Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Column with style = Integer throws exception when text is empty
posted

Hello,

I have a grid wiht a column where the Style = Integer. The property on the DataOsurce is int too, so everything should work fine.

At runtime, the grid displays the default value of zero. Then I edit it and set it to blank. When I tab out I get an error thrown by the grid "Object of type 'System.DBNull' cannot be converted to type 'System.Int32". I guess empty text is interpreted as DBNull.Value, which can not be converted to an Int32. I tried setting Nullable = Disallow, with no success.

Is there a way to not allow entering blank (null) values on a numeric column?

As a side note, I think the Nullable property should provide an option "TypeDefault". When selected, blank text should be converted to defaullt(T), where T is the data type of the column.

One more thing: I like the new design of the forums, but there is no forum-specific search (or I haven't found it?), only global. On a global search, only one page of results are displayed, there's no links to fetch more results.