Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
A few Questsions regarding the Databinding Sample
posted

Hello NG,

I've got 2 questions regarding the Database Sample.

1) How can I extend the Appointments Table with additional fields. I want to be able to save and load the Information from the TAG Property of the Appointment?

2) How can I force the Dataset to "refresh" (write it's content to the database and refetch the data from the Database?

Additional question (not regarding the Database Sample)

How can I prevent that the user can click an appointment within a Day or Weekview to edit the Subject.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Stefan

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

1) The 'AppointmentDialog2007' sample demonstrates how to use the Tag property to store additional application-specific data for an Appointment. You can basically assign an instance of any serializable class to the Tag, and (when bound via the AllPropertiesMember) the round-trip serialization of that data is handled automatically by the WinSchedule data binding layer.

2) The sample demonstrates this (search for "void UpdateAppointmentsTable" and you'll see the code behind). In short, an OleDbDataAdapter's Update method is used, which commits the changes made to the specified DataSet to the database. To refresh, the UltraCalendarInfo.DataBindingForAppointments.RefreshData method can be used, although in the context of this sample, it is not necessary since the DataSet and the database table are synchronized as soon as the OleDbDataAdapter's Update method is called.

3) Cancel the BeforeAppointmentEdited event.