Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCombo 8.3 BackColor
posted

I am trying to set the background color of some ultracombos on a windows form to a different color in order to indicate which ones are required. I thought it should be as easy as setting the ultracombo.Appearance.BackColor property, however, this doesn't seem to be the case. When I set that property in design mode the backcolor changes color. However, after running the application and then bringing up the form the background color is back to its default. And no matter what I try in the code it never seems to change. I have tried setting numerous properties, the one previously mentioned as well as those in the displaylayout, band, and override. Still no luck. I also tried setting them at different times; constructor, form load, and specific control's initialize layout event. Again, nothing. Please help. What am I doing wrong. How do I programmatically set the BackColor property.

PS. I have UseAppStyling set to true and UseOsThemes is set to its default. Although I have tried disabling both with no change.

Thank you in advance for any help.