Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Hotfix = HotBroke
posted

I installed the most recent hotfix and now I cannot select any grids directly in the designer.  Also, when I add a new grid to a form, it adds the grid to the system designer tray but I don't see it in the form.

I initially installed the hotfix hopping in would fix the maximize issue of my form in windows xp, it places the form window 200 pixels below the top.  I think it is the ribbon that is causing this issue. I have not solved this issue either.

Any suggestions, I have a deadline to meet and I cannot design my forms.  My co-worker uninstalled infragistics and re-installed without the hotfix and it works, except the maximize issue is still happening.  Then he re-installed the hotfix and now he cannot select the grids again.

My Version is 8.3.20083.1009

The hotfix I installed...

Version: 20083.2039   Released: 23-Jan-09

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

If the grid is showing up in the Component Tray, it usually means that Visual Studio is unable to find the grid's Design assembly.The assembly in this case is:

Infragistics2.Win.v8.3.Design

Some things to check:

• Make sure that the Infragistics references in your project are all the same version. If you have mismatched versions, it can cause a problem.
    • Make sure your project does NOT reference the Infragistics2.Win.v8.3.Design assembly. This assembly belongs in the GAC, it should not be referenced by any of your projects.
    • Make sure none of the Infragistics References have CopyLocal set to true.
    • Remove the grid from the toolbox and re-add it to make sure it's the right version. You can also run the Infragistics Toolbox Utility to do this for you.
    • Check the licx file in your application for references to older versions of the controls.

If none of that work, try rebuilding your application and see if there are any errors or warnings displayed in the "Error List" tab.

Reply Children
No Data