Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Slow performance of Winforms designer
posted

Hello,
my VS2008 SP1 is very slow for designing Winforms with some IG controls (Grid, Explorerbar, eg.) on it. My machine is a P4 3GHz (Single Core), onboard graphic card [Intel 82945G Express], 3GB RAM, XP SP3, IG 8.3. Sometimes I have to wait up to 3 minutes to load the form. Is there any known issue? The other option is to get a new computer. For this solution what is the best configuration? Super fast CPU (e.g. Intel i7)? Strong graphic card? 64bit Vista with 8GB RAM? Fast HDD with 15.000 revolutions per minute? What component will speed up my designer and what is not necessary, because of I have a limited budget.

Regards

Parents
    posted

It gets worse. We have mnay custom controls using Infragistics and it can take as long as 15-20 minutes when the toolbox is first opened. This slowness seemed to occur when we switched to VS2008.

Reply Children
No Data