Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Data disappears when dynamic data source updates
posted

I have an UltraWinGrid with two bands. The BindingSource is dynamic and the grid needs to update periodically as new data comes in.

Whenever the updated data requires a new row in Band 0, it gets added at the top and pushes the other 0 level data down, which is fine. But the last 0 level row and its 1 level data disappear off of the grid. I check the datasource and that data still is in the collection, but no longer appears in the grid. Additionally added 0 level rows continue to push the existing data off of the grid. Is there some setting that does not allow the top level data to grow? I saw that there is an "AllowNew" property on the BindingSource, but setting that to true does not make any difference.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Were you able to fix it?

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't really understand what you are describing here.

How exactly are you adding the rows to the data source? Normally, when you add a new row, it will show up at the bottom of the grid, not the top. So it's impossible to discuss the issue without knowing what your code is doing to acheive this.

Also, what exactly is happening? Is the new row replacing the existing row that was at the top? Or do you mean that the grid is simply scrolling rows out of view?

AllowAddNew determines if and how the user can add new rows to the grid, so that doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the issue you are describing.

If the issue is too difficult to describe in works, then perhaps what you should do is create a small sample project demonstrating the issue and Submit an incident to Infragistics Developer Support.

Reply Children
No Data