Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Remove Tool from PopupMenu at Run-time
posted

I have a context menu that I created at design-time.  At run-time, I want to remove specific tools that do not belong in the context menu given a specific situation.  So, for a given invocation of the context menu, how to I remove a tool from the menu?

I have tried:

Dim tool As Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase

tool = Me.UltraToolbarsManager1.Tools("myToolToRemove") 

Me.UltraToolbarsManager1.Toolbars("myContextMenu").Tools.Remove(tool)

However, this (and other derivations thereof) don't seem to get the tool off of the context menu.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Verified Answer
    posted

The code you have posted will not work because the context menu is a tool, not a toolbar. Try using the following code instead:

CType(Me.UltraToolbarsManager1.Tools("myContextMenu"), PopupMenuTool).Tools.Remove(tool)

You can also write the code this way if you have to do multiple removes (so you don't have to do multiple casts):

Dim contextMenu As PopupMenuTool = CType(Me.UltraToolbarsManager1.Tools("myContextMenu"), PopupMenuTool)
    contextMenu.Tools.Remove(tool)
    ' Remove addition tools