Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Drag From TreeView Into A Group?
posted

I have an UltraExplorerBar with 2 groups.  I also have 2 UltraTreeViews set up such that UltraTreeView1.Parent = UltraExplorerBar.Groups(0).Container and UltraTreeView2.Parent = UltraExplorerBar.Groups(1).Container.

The net result is like an outlook style side bar - a number of groups, and within each group a treeview, each treeview containing some nodes.

I want to be able to drag a treeview node and drop it into another group.  I have not been able to acheive this.  I've tried looking at the various UltraExplorer bar drag events, but none of them fire for me.

I've attached a sample project (VB 2008).  After you run it, try and drag "Item 2" and drop it into "Group 2".  You will see that nothing happens and no events fire.  Any suggestion as to how to acheive this?

Thanks,

Scott Pearce

WinExplorerBarDragDropTest.zip
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

The implementation for this would be completely independent of the ExplorerBar control - it would be as any other drag/drop implementation between two controls. In the SelectionDragStart event handler for one tree you would call DoDragDrop to initiate a drag operation, and in the DragOver/DragDrop, etc. events of the target control, you would handle the data being dragged, i.e., move or copy the nodes from the source control.