Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WinCalcEngine compared to WebClacEngine
posted

I see there are two calc engines, one in each tree (Web and Win).  My solution offers a web and windows interface so I must select one.  I am seeing issues where the Calculator fails becuase I think it is getting called in a multi-user environment (currently using the WinCalc).

Is this possible?  Should I be using the WebCalc?

I only use the calculator to run my UserDefined formulas with Named References but I need it to work all the time.  The error occurs on the ResetNamedReferences throwing a "

Object reference not set to an instance of an object." at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinCalcManager.NamedReferencesCollection.Clear() at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinCalcManager.UltraCalcManager.ResetNamedReferences()

Before you ask me to reproduce it, I cannot.  It is in a huge stock trading application and the datasets are very big.  

I was just wondering if there is a difference between the two library interfaces.  If they are the same, I will simply capture the error - and re-initialize the object.

Offline posted

Hello,

As far as I am aware the win and the web calc engines are not the same. So I believe that there are differences between the two library interfaces. In any case, I think that you should try capturing the error since you say that you are not able to reproduce it.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any additional assistance.