Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ultraFormattedLinkLabel
posted

Hello;

This post may be in the wrong area, but I've seen that Mike is answering LinkLabel questions., so here goes.  I've got an UltraFormattedLinkLabel in a grid cell and everything works great, for web urls as well as text files or .pdf's on a hard drive.  But what if a link points to say, a non exeistent text file?  The control seems to just ignore the click on the link.  I couldn't find an event to handle this, "File doesn't exist", situation;  am I missing it or is there a better solution thatn using the  UltraFormattedLinkLabel?

Maybe in a way that I call diagnosics.Process instaed of letting the UltraFormattedLinkLabel control do all the work, like grabbing the LinkClicked event and calling Process.Start()?

I just found this: (at http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/p/16950/61585.aspx)

"The LinkClicked event has an OpenLink property that defaults to True; this property determines whether the .NET Process class should be used to start a process by that name.  Since you are handling this action yourself, you should set the property to False."

So I guess I'll use the OpenLink property and do the Process.start myself in a try catch.  Make sense?  BTW, I only found the OpenLink property with intellisense - it wasn't in the docs.

Thanks

Bill

Parents Reply Children
No Data