Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Another Ultra Combo error?...
posted

I'm using an UltraCombo in the DropDown style and using AutoCompleteMode set to SuggestAppend.  In my code I'm using the SelectionChangeCommitted event.  Everything works like I expect, EXCEPT in the following scenarios...

Lets say I have a few Items such as Cabin1, Cabin2, Home1, Home2, Home3, Office1, and Office2 in the DropDown list. 

If I select Home1, then using the Backspace key I remove the "1" leaving just "Home", the UltraCombo will nicely show me a small DropDown with the three Home(X) options.  If I use my up or down arrow keys and highlight Home2 and then hit the Tab key, the UltraCombo will set the Text\Value to Home2 and my cursor will leave the UltraCombo box and the SelectionChangeCommitted NEVER fires. 

Alternatively, instead of using the up and down arrow keys, once the DropDown with the three Home(X) options appears, I can Click on Home2 with my Mouse and, again, the UltraCombo will set the Text\Value to Home2, my cursor STAYS in the UltraCombo box and the SelectionChangeCommitted NEVER fires.

I believe both those cases (which I'm sure are due to the same root cause) are errors.  The SelectionChangeCommitted event SHOULD fire because the user has in fact changed the selection.

This problem is in both version 2008 Vol3 and 2009 Vol1.

By the way, I NEVER get email notification of replies to my posts on this forum, even tho the "Email me replies to this post." is checked, the settings in my profile for allowing email notifications are checked, and my email address is in my profile...   Somethin' not quite workin' right there...

Parents Reply Children