Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Winlabel doesnt appear if a windows control is placed above it with transparent back color.
posted

Hi,

I am using WinLabel in my application. The requirement is to place a bunch of windows control placed within a panel over this WinLabel.But the appearance of windows control is handled programatically.I have made the background color of the panel to Color.Transparent so that WinLabel can be visualized. But on doing this it doesnt make WinLabel to appear instead it makes the base panel of the form to appear.

I am using Version=6.1.20061.28 of Infragetics.

Does Infragectics control doesnt appear if a windows control is placed over it. Can anybody suggest me to how to achive this.

regards,

ravi

posted

Ravi,

The way that .NET transparency works is that when something needs to draw as transparent, it asks its parent to draw into the transparent area in order to give the impression of transparency.  Since the panel and the label are siblings, they will not participate in the transparency resolution.  This is not something that we can control, and you will see the same behavior with a .NET Label (though depending on when you added the label to the form, it may appear to be shown transparent, but make sure the z-order is correct on the controls by selecting the panel and using the  "Bring to Front" command, either through the toolbar or context menu).  I'm not sure that there is an easy way to accomplish what you are trying to do.

-Matt