Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to get Infragistics to upgrade their Chart samples program?
posted

Dear Infragistics Chart Users:

I am trying to borrow a feature in the Chart samples and make it work in one of my own, but it is not working.   I am wondering if someone with experience in this may be able to guide me.

The Infragistics sample is "CSFinancialTrendLayer", which uses Infragistics.Win.UltraWinChart.v4.  The version I have is Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinChart.v8.1.   When I imported all the logic from this demo program into my program to be able to display or remove upon request LineCharts layers over a CandleChart to create a composite chart, the additional Moving Average Line Charts refused to display.

What I then did was replace the References in the Infragistics demo program to use my newer version Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinChart.v8.1 of the control.   At this pont, the Infragistics demo program then failed exactly as my custom program was failing.   The inserting and removal of additional layers to the Candle  Chart simply no longer worked.   The LineChart layers simply won't display.  In other words, the code within the demo programs NO LONGER works with the newer release of the UltraWinChart.

Where do I go.   To whom do I turn.  ... to get Infragistics to upgrade this Sample program which comes with the product to work with the newer versions of the product?    Or do I try to use the older versions of the product from the demo program, even though I am licensed for a later version of the product, since the older  version works and the newer version doesn't?

Sincerely,

Burton G. Wilkins.