Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
AutoComplete Start from Top (UltraCombo)
posted

I was wondering if there is a property I can set on ultracombo that will search for the typed value from top ALWAYS.

If my combo has following items

And current row selected 100.
If user types in 98 it would  go to 981 as first choice instead of the exact match 98.

FYI: DropDownStyle is Limit to List and the control is UltraCombo

Thanks in advance.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

I don't see any way to do this. The searching always begins from the current SelectedRow. I tried briefly changing the SelectedRow in AfterDropDown to the first row so the search would start form the top, but this changes the value in the UltraCombo - so I don't think that's what you want.

One thing you might consider is creating your own Combo control. It's actually easier than it sounds and that way you would have total control over the searching.

This KB articles demonstrates how to make your own UltraCombo to allow multiple selection.You obviously don't need multiple selection in this case, but the article should point you in the right direction if you want to attempt to create a combo control of your own.

HOWTO:Creating a Multi-Select Dropdown Combo for the WinGrid

Children
No Data