Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Wrong appearance in 'Customize' child dialogs
posted

The Customize dialog (of UltraWinToolbars) correctly adopts the appearance of the application (You should have used WinListViews on the Commands tab instead of regular Listbox controls - very ugly - wrong scroll bar.) but all the child dialogs that are displayed when you click any of the buttons on this dialog completely ignore the appearance settings. [always default 3D 'Grey' on my 'Windows Classic] test system]

Since there is no way (that I know of) for me to apply the style settings to these dialogs it needs to be done automatically within the ToolbarManager control.

The current tool set is very inconsistant when it comes to 'appearance' settings. The whole point of using NetAdvantage was to get the 'consistant', and modern, look advertised in your ads ... but it just doesn't seem to happen.

In addition to this problem (and scrollbar problems) the ColorPicker always displays its 'dropdown dialog' in the default system colors - ignoring any appearance settings.
Did I miss a setting here that lets me tell it to adopt the current style settings? (Either via a property or via the isl file.)

Offline posted

Hi Mike,

What version of the controls are you using?

Can you provide some specific examples of which dialogs you are referring to?

With the exception of MessageBoxes, everything on any child dialog should be stylable. Now... these dialogs may not actually be styled by the particular isl file you are using. I think most of the isl's we provide don't style the inbox controls - they only style Infragistics controls. But it should be possible for you to update the isl file to style inbox controls used on any dialogs displayed by ToolbarsManager and the controls on those dialogs should pick up the styling. If they do not, it's a bug.

posted

Theming is actually rather simple for infragistics controls, I have built several compelling and rich user interfaces with the infragistics tool set.  It does take a bit of time to create that perfect UI but it is well worth it in the long run.  Take a look at the app stylist.   http://ko.infragistics.com/dotnet/netadvantage/appstylist/winappstylist.aspx

As far as your additional problem, if you are looking to create a base color for all of your objects using a given theme, then make sure to set the "BASE" tree node in appstylist and not each individual control.  All controls under base will inherit from base, unless you set the individual control, which then overrides the base value.

Daniel