Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
RowConnectors not visible using OutlookGroupBy
posted

I thought it was something I was doing wrong since I was unable to get row connector lines to be visible when using GroupBy columns. It seems like the background color of the groupby row extends vertically down to the next instance of that row and row connectors are simply unable to be shown. I confirmed this "problem" running the View Styles samples project. With the ViewStyleBand set to vertical or horizontal, row connector lines are shown. But when the ViewStyleBand is set to Outlook GroupBy, row connector lines are not shown. Is this by design?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

This is by design. You do not get the same types of row connectors for the GroupBy Rows that you do for the regular WinGrid rows. There is a UIElement associated with the GroupBy Rows that show the association of the parent GroupBy Row along with the child rows that belong to it.

The following Appearance property that is associated with the GroupByRow Expansion Area:

TheGrid.DisplayLayout.Override.GroupByRowConnectorAppearance

...affects the following UIElement (Colored in black):

So, you can use this property to completely customize the row connector area for your group by rows. You can even get fancy and use some cool images.

Children
No Data