Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Where are the Visual Studio 2008 examples
posted

Hello,

We are developing in Visual Studio 2008 and do not have Visual Studio 2005 available. However, because we are using Sql Server 2005 with SSRS, the BIDS designer is still the Reporting Services only part of Visual Studio 2005. This means that every time I try to open a sample project, it fails with an error because the only Visual Studio 2005 installed is for Sql Server 2005 so it won't recognize a vbproj or csproj project file.

Also, many of the samples appear to be missing. Is this possibly due to the fact that we downloaded and installed a v7.x version because of a support issue?

This is very frustrating as I haven't found anything close to a step by step tutorial for the various controls, currently looking at UltraDataSource. All that appears to be available is sample code. The Feature Browser stuff runs, but the code does not appear to be available.

To reproduce the issue, uninstall Visual Studio 2005 from a machine running Sql Server 2005 with Reporting Services enabled. Ensure Visual Studio 2008 is installed on said machine. Run the feature browser and then try to open either the C# or VB solution. You will get errors.

Offline posted

Hello J2associates,

I have been investigating this behavior and it seems that everything works fine now.

I have installed different versions of our WindowsForms product, and after installing the samples I have been able to run and open the samples code as well as just run the samples from the Feature Browser.

If you are experiencing any issues while using our products please feel free to let us know and will be glad to assist you further with your requirements.