Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Right time/place to save/load as binary the ultradockmanager settings
posted

Hi guys,

I created an own usercontrol which implements an UltraDockManager to manage the docking of some controls whick are included in my usercontrol.
Now I'd like to save all docking changes that a user has made into a binary file and reload them when the usercontrol is loaded again.

I peformed the saving during the usercontrol's disposing in the windows generated code. This seems to work. But now I don't really know where to put the loading of these saved settings. I tried to realise this in usercontrol's load-event but the settings aren't loaded correctly. I think this is a timing problem because the usercontrol's rendering has not finished when the load event is fired.

Do you have any suggestions?

posted

Hi,

Fortunately I fixed my rendering problem. However you could make some suggestions in which event to save the settings. I put it now itno the usercontrol's validated-event. But this brings other problems: My usercontrol is placed into a mdi form. When I just close the mdi tab the validated event is fired. But if close the "mother-form" the event will not be fired....