Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWinGrid with an UltraDropDown control as a cell / column value
posted

Windows XP Pro / NetAdvantage 7.1.20071.40 / Windows Forms Application / .Net 2.0 / C#

I am looking to have a grid cell display a UltraDropDown control.  I want the drop down to display a sequence of years which can be selected or unselected (ideally using multi select).

The list starts off with every year within a range being selected.  The WinGrid cell display for this is 'startYear - endYear' where startYear and endYear are the bounds of the range - ie. "1960 - 2006".

The user wants to be able to click in the WinGrid on that cell and have all the years from 1960 to 2006 show up in a drop down box.  They can then unselect years.  When the user finishes unselecting the year(s), the UltraGrid cell will display with a yellow background to signify the range "1960 - 2006" is non-continious. The user also wants the dropdown to have a visual indication of which year(s) are un-selected.  I suspect the best way to do this is to have two columns to display in the dropdown, one with the year, the other with 'isSelected' indication.

I have been able to make the cell contain a DropDownList which unfortunately contains only the years.  (I do this by setting the column style to DropDownList - but this does not allow two columns to be displayed (ie a 'isSelected' status), and I have not been able to get a multi-select functionallity from the DropDownList.)

I am figuring the UltraDropDown can be used inside a WinGrid cell and can be used to display the year and its 'isSelected' status.

Can anyone show me a way set the column to display the UltraDropDown?  I have studied the 'Per Cell ValueList and Editors' sample provided by IG.

Follow-up questions:

1. Is it possible to make the cell's control a multi-select ultraDropDown?   - I do have a class possessing properties 'year' and 'isSelected'.

2. Any suggestions on how to retain the "1960 - 2006" display in the WinGrid cell, even when the user has selected / unselected years?

Gary

Parents Reply Children
No Data