Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraGridRowEditTemplate closes after changing a value in the datasource
posted

Hey,

I use a rowedittemplate to change some values in a row. One of the cell's in the row uses a valuelist so in the template the cellproxy acts like a combobox. Depending on the value selected in that combobox, and some other parameters, I need to update another cell in the row. I do this by using the CellChange event on the grid and checking if the value is changed. If so I change the other cell in the datasource, this works fine. Unfortunatly when the other value is changed the template closes. Is there a way to prevent this?

I also tried using AfterCellChange, this doesn't close the template but you are forced to leave the cell before you can see the update in the other cell and that isn't what I'm looking for.

posted

I just tried this out in a quick test and I couldn't reproduce this behavior.  Basically all that I did was in the CellChange event, append some text to the value of another cell;  I tried this by either updating the cell directly or by updating the underlying ListObject, but neither caused the template to close.  It sounds like this update is either causing the ActiveRow to change, or possibly causing the grid to regenerate the row (or even the data source).  Do you have a small sample that you could post here that I could take a look at?

-Matt