Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Deployment error...
posted

I have a business application that I wrote that CONSISTENTLY gives me an error when I try to install it on a users PC. The installation fails and the error I get is that the installation routine couldn't find the file "Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinCalcManager.v9.1.FormulaBuilder.dll.deploy" in the "...Application Files\MyApp_1_0_0_0" folder.  The file is actually there but it is named  "Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinCalcManager.v9.1.FormulaBuilder.deploy".   i.e. the ".dll" part is missing.  I believe I've looked and the file IS correctly named on my development machine but, apparently, when I run the MS Visual Studio Publish process to create the application deployment files it gets renamed.  I'm guessing that's what happens.  Anyway, to get the installation to work I have to rename the file and add the ".dll" into the name. 

I thought you should be aware of this issue and that maybe it's some Infragistics routine that is being run during the Publish process that is messed up.   Whether it's Infragistics or Microsofts problem, it would be nice to get it fixed.

posted

One thing you can do is shorten the path length, either by reducing the length of the assembly name (under Application/Assembly name" or you could uncheck the 'Use ".deploy" file extension' checkbox (under Publish/Options).  I haven't found a better solution.

posted

What happens is that the .dll part gets removed when you write it to CD.  I have the same problem, but I deploy to a local folder and then copy the files to a CD.  The locally deployed file actually has the .dll extension, but it gets chopped in the CD burning process.  I don't have a solution yet, but if I find one, I'll post it.

Paul

posted

I'd be more inclined to search for the solution with the installer program. It doesn't seem like infragistics would have anything to do with renaming of files.