Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Change cell ValueList dynamically
posted

Hi,

I want to change the valuelist in a cell based on the the value selected in another column on the same row.  I can't just set it on InitializeRow because it may change depending on the user value selected in another cell of the same row.   As needed,  I remove the valuelist in the cell  and create a new valueList with required items and set the cells valueList property.  When clicking on the cell no items appear.  Is the InitializeRow event the only place where you can set the cells ValueList?

Thanks

Rich

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

rich0809 said:
    I can't just set it on InitializeRow because it may change depending on the user value selected in another cell of the same row.

InitializeRow will fire if the user changes a Value in a cell and moves to another cell in the row. So you probably could use InitializeRow. 

But you could also use BeforeCellActivate (and trap for activation of the dropdown cell) or BeforeCellUpdate (and trap for updates on the cell that determines the ValueList items).

posted

I think I figured it out.  I was able to change the cells ValueList on the BeforeRowActivate event.

Rich