Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Move UltraTab
posted

Hi,

I have a client requirement to allow user to move tabs via drag & drop. Fortunatly UltraTab support this.

• In some cases we have kind of master slave relationship between two neighboring tabs. From its content I know which one is allowed to move and which one not. I am looking for a method to pretend a certain tab from beeing moved. Or if this is not possible how can I reposition the wrongly moved tab to the position it comes from.
  • After moving a tab, I have to reorder my underlying list so that it mirrors the order of the tabs. My first approach was to listen to the TabIndexChanged event. But this is not fired. So I think I have to use the TabMoved event. But the TabMovedEventArgs only contain infomation about the action itself. Where can I get the new taborder from?

Thanks for any advice

Kind regards

Patrick

Verified Answer
    posted

Patrick,

1) There is an AllowMoving property on each individual tab, so you could set this to False on the tabs that shouldn't allow moving.

2) Take a look at the VisibleTabs collection on the UltraTabControl, which should be returning the tabs in the same order as they appear.

-Matt