Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
TemplateRowOnBottom and empty datasource
posted

Hi

I have a empty datasource that I bind to the wingrid. When the user clicks on "Add New" button, I set the property on the grid

grid.DisplayLayout.Override.AllowAddNew = AllowAddNew.TemplateOnBottom;

I can see the template row added to the gird. But am not able to edit it. I tried setting these properties as well..

grid.DisplayLayout.Override.AllowUpdate =

DefaultableBoolean.True;

lookupValuesGrid.DisplayLayout.Override.CellClickAction = CellClickAction.Edit;

Still I am not able to edit it.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks

posted

Hi,

I would like to recommend that you set these properties in the WinGrid control's InitializeLayout event. Here is some example code:

private void ultraGrid1_InitializeLayout(object sender, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeLayoutEventArgs e)
            {
                e.Layout.Override.AllowAddNew = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.AllowAddNew.TemplateOnBottom;

e.Layout.AutoFitStyle = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.AutoFitStyle.ResizeAllColumns;
                e.Layout.Override.CellClickAction = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.CellClickAction.Edit;

>>>>>> code omitted for brevity

Here are some other tips / example code for when working with WinGrid add / saving rows:

//Add button
            private void ultraButton1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                //Adds a new instance of your underlying data object to the collection using
                //the data collection's IBindingList.AddNew( ) functionality
                this.ultraGrid1.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].AddNew();
            }

//Save button
            private void ultraButton2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                //Simulates moving off the cell so that the value in the grid editor gets put into the
                //underlying object's property
                this.ultraGrid1.PerformAction(Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridAction.ExitEditMode);
                //commits the value changes to the current list object
                this.ultraGrid1.UpdateData();

//then resolve the changes to your database.
            }