Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is there some kind of help on understanding MyFinances?
posted

The C# Showcase for WinForms "MyFinances" looks cool... but the problem is that I don't have a clue as to how the look and feel I see after pressing Alt-F5. The MainView designer shows an UltraToolbarsManager control added with 7 tools.

I tried walking through the tutorial for the UltraToolbarsManager control and can now do simple things like creating a menu button, but not sure how duplicate most of the tools added in MyFinances... such as the NavBar, Search, etc. (visually, it looks like there are TWO search bars in the IDE designer.)

Running the app shows some kind of graphic MyFinances banner above tabbed controls for Accounts, Bills, Budget, and Reports... but not clear on how these tabs are being created... or that graphic banner, which seems to require "AppStyleGlow.isl" to work.

Other nice touches are also illusive, such as the little blue "icon" button preceding the Group box titles... nowhere is it clear on how this is being done.

IOW, a lot of stuff just seems to appear by magic and is not intutitve from the designers or code... not even stepping through the app in the Visual Studio debugger seems to make things clear.

Is there any kind of walkthru on how to build this app? I'd like to duplicate some of its features.