Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Default layout
posted

I've got a set of various windows that are being used in the dock manager. How do I set a default layout so that the first time it is opened up, the user has a basic set of windows in front of them. I want to start with three panes, one that takes up the left 2/3 of the screen. The second pane uses the top half of the remaining 1/3, and the third pane uses the bottom half. Anyone have any ideas?

I'll answer any questions you have if I'm not explaining this correctly.

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello,

Followed your scenario I was able to create a layout that you need.

First I am creating three DockAreaPane like:

DockAreaPane dockAreaTopLeft = new DockAreaPane(DockedLocation.DockedLeft); 

DockAreaPane dockAreaTopRight = new DockAreaPane(DockedLocation.DockedRight); 

DockAreaPane dockAreaBottom = new DockAreaPane(DockedLocation.DockedBottom);

Then you need to set the appropriate size of each area according your sceanrio like:

dockAreaBottom.Size = new Size(this.Width, this.Height/2);

dockAreaTopRight.Size = new Size(this.Width/3, this.Height/2); 

dockAreaTopLeft.Size = new Size(this.Width*2/3, this.Height/2);

Create some DockableControlPanes and add then to the DockAreaPanes.

And add your DockAreaPanes to your dock manager like:

manager.DockAreas.AddRange(new DockAreaPane[] {dockAreaBottom, dockAreaTopRight, dockAreaTopLeft } );

Please let me know if this is not what you are looking for.

Sincerely,

Danko Valkov

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.