Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unable to find LocationMember in DataBindingsForAppointments for UltraCalenderInfo
posted

Hi,

I am trying to bind the Appointment to a DataTable. There is a field 'Location' in the Appointment Dialogue box, but when i try to set binding,  I'm unable to find any property like 'LocationMember'.

I am binding as below :

With Me.ucinfoAlerts.DataBindingsForAppointments
            .DataSource = myController.Appointments

.AllDayEventMember = "AllDayEvent"
            .AllPropertiesMember = "AllProperties"
            .DataKeyMember = "AppointmentID"
            .DescriptionMember = "Description"
            .EndDateTimeMember = "EndDateTime"
            .OwnerKeyMember = "OwnerKey"
            .ReminderEnabledMember = "ReminderEnabled"
            .ReminderIntervalMember = "ReminderInterval"
            .ReminderUnitsMember = "ReminderUnits"
            .StartDateTimeMember = "StartDateTime"
            .SubjectMember = "Subject"

End With

So how can I bind the 'Location' field with my DB table field 'Location' ?

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

You don't need to bind the location member to a specific field because you are using the AllProperties field which contains ALL information about the appointment - it actually stores a serialized binary copy of the appointment.

In fact you can remove alof of those fields from your database if you don't need them to search against etc. You only really need the AllProperties field bound.

But doing so will limit your ability to in code perform queries against the database table.

eg: If choose to not bother binding the AllDayEventMember then you couldn't do the following in code:

"SELECT * FROM tblAppointments WHERE AllDayEvent = True"

For this particular field it would not be a worry as I couldn't think of too much need to do such a query (but you may be different)

The reminder fields you could most probably remove.

I think if you setup your database table to use ALLPROPERTIES then all you would need is DATAKEYMEMBER and ALLPROPERTIESMEMBER... all other data would be captured, saved,edited etc from the ALLPROPERTIESMember

Perhaps Brian can clarify if these would be the only two required fields.

Cheers
    Aaron