Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Delay on Loading Form for the first time (v9.1.20091.2039)
posted

I have a program with two forms.  The first form has an infragistics toolbar, button, and a couple ultragrids bound to two binding sources and display after my splash screen is closed.

The second form has 7 ultracombo controls, 4 ultradatetimeeditor controls, ultra tab control, 4 textboxes, 3 ultramaskededit controls, 1 ultranumeric editor,ultraspellchecker, and they are all bound to a bindingsource of List<myobject>.

There is a delay on the first form opening, but it is not all that noticeable due to the splash screen. However, the delay on the second screen is very noticeable to the user (about 1 second delay). Enough that it seems like you haven't clicked the button.  The second time this form loads, it comes up quickly.

Things I have tried to fix it:

-went through the posts here on performance for wingrids, etc.  Set celldisplaystyle to plain text on combo controls.  removed auto resizing from ultra combo columns (this helps a lot).

-preload all the infragistics assemblies I am using in my splash screen using System.Reflection.Assembly.Load()

-ran ngen on my app and dependencies (did not seem to make a difference, maybe because of previous item in this list).

-ran a profiler on it.  seemed like all the time was spread out over all the controls in InitializeComponent.

-removed all the controls one by one on the form.  There was no particular one that was a smoking gun, but if I removed all the editor controls and just left the ultrapanels it got fast again.

Also, I noticed this line the first time the form opened but not after:

Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Infragistics.License\
1.0.5005.10__7dd5c3163f2cd0cb\Infragistics.License.dll'

Anyways, I'm stumped.  Maybe the ultra combo control is just too 'heavy' to have this many on a page?

Parents Reply Children
No Data