Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tabbed MDI Event
posted

Hi,

I use TabbedMDIManager in my app and have multiple MDI childs open.  When user switches from currently active form to another, I want to notify him to save any edits he may have made.  In trying to implement this functionality, I tried the events - TabSelected,  TabChanging, TabDisplaying but all are fired only after a tabchange has occured.  Only TabSelecting has a CancellableEventArgs but this doesn't give the previously activetab. This means I have to use a variable to track the previously active form to achieve the functionality I need. 

Is there anyother way/event like "BeforeTabSelecting" that gives info about both the previous and new forms?

Thanks,

Anand

Verified Answer
    posted

In the TabSelecting event, the Tab of the event args is the tab that will be selected if the event is not canceled. You can access the ActiveTab of the manager to get the previously selected tab, because it is still actually selected.