Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
band[0] column size syncronization with child band column size
posted

Hi,

I am using an UltraGrid, where i have a number of bands in it.

I want to achieve automatic size syncronization of column size of band[0] with band[1]. That means when ever i change the width of band[0] column, the corresponding column in band[1] should get resized as per band[0] column.

We can use AllowColSizing on grid and can set its value to AllowColSizingSync.

But we are using GroupLayout for that Grid.

My question is "Will setting AllowColSizing with GroupLayouts".

I have seen somewhere in the Infragistics forum that AllowColSizingSync will not work with GroupLayouts.

Is that true ?

If yes then is there any other way to acheive column size syncrinization?

Regards,

Sanjiv Aneja

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Sanjiv,

In the normal grid view (No RowLayout), it's very easy for the grid to determine the order of the columns and associate a column in the parent band with a column in the child band by index.

In a GroupLayout, there's no way to do this. Columns can be stacked one atop another and can even overlap.

So I don't think column synchronization will work.

If you want to try to implement this yourself, the approach I would take is to handle the AfterRowLayoutItemResize event. This is the event that will fire whenever a column is resized. You can examine the column and set the size of the column in the other band to the same width using PreferredCellSize and PreferredLabelSize on the column's RowLayoutColumnInfo.

Children
No Data