Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Fire Tool Click upon leaving focus of MaskedEditTool
posted

I have several masked edit tools in my toolbar.  Presently, the tool click event is only fired if the user presses the Enter key after typing in a new value.  Our customer has expressed that this is confusing and would prefer if the value is accepted when leaving focus of the control.  Is there a way to fire a tool click when the tool loses focus (ie: I click elsewhere in the toolbar or application)?

I'd rather not have to work with the ToolValueChanged event since I don't want partially typed data to update the display.

Offline posted

Hello,

I believe that the 'AfterToolDeactivate' and the 'BeforeToolExitEditMode' events might suit your needs.

They will fire in cases of clicking elsewhere on the form or another control, tabbing out of the tool and others. I also believe that the tools like the one you are using could be only active and not focused.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any additional assistance.