Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Duplicate Band Names
posted

Hi,

I'm having problems with Level 2 of the tree and I think it may be down the the band name...

I'm working with a tree and it's datasource is a collection of objects.  Each object can have a collection of child object of the same type so it's a tree of objects with any number of levels.

Class clsGroup

- Public Property Children As List (Of clsGroup)

When I pass the list of top level clsGroup to the tree as a datasource the list is shown as expected.  Within the BeforeExpand I load any Child Groups which works as expected and level 1 is shown.  The problem is nothing appear when I try to expand level 1 into level 2.  I'm wondering if it because the band name will be the same (Children)?

Am I making sense?!?!

Thanks

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

I can't think of a reason why the band name would have anything to do with this. It sounds like the clsGroup list is not getting populated for the level 1 members, thus leaving no data to display for level 2. You should put a breakpoint in the method that adds members to the list and then maybe you will be able to determine why nothing is getting added.