Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Overly Aggressive Cell Tooltips
posted

Hi,

I have an UltraWinGrid, version 7.3.20073.38.

My problem is that when I hover over a cell with more contents than will currently display in the cell area, the cell's tooltip is overly aggressive.  I hover over the cell, and the tooltip displays, but then it won't let me click in the cell.  Also, If I just let my mouse sit for a few seconds, the tooltip will go away for about half a second and then come back. 

I looked at one of the sample win grids to see if it also displayed this behavior, and it does not.  It works correctly - It appears when I hover over a cell, and goes away after a few seconds and stays gone.  Also, I can click "through" the tooltip - When the tooltip is up, clicking on it still makes the cell underneath it become active.

Any ideas what has happened to the grid in my project to make it misbehave like this?  My grid does not have a separate tooltip object declared on it - it is the tooltip built into the ultragrid.  Also, my grid has been ported from vb6 to vb.net 2005.  It originally was created in netadvantage 2.x.

I saw where you could completely turn off the tooltips from showing - DisplayLayout.Override.TipStyleCell = Hide.  But I'd much rather have it working correctly than have to turn it off.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
~Karen

posted

Nevermind - I found my problem.  My form was set to 99% opacity.  Resetting it to 100% fixed the problem.