Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Moving a record from a Grid with complete recordset to a 2nd Grid 1-at-a-time on a Timer.
posted

I have a need involving 2 grids  . .. . . 1 contains a single record selected

from the larger set of records in the 2nd Grid . . . . cycling thru all the records, each

record appearing in the upper Grid and moving progessively down thru the lower

Grid with the remaining list of row . . . . the process is controlled by a timer

(for the time being until the hardward involved is ready for development).

I'm attempting to do this with OldDbDataAdapter (because Access is the db for

time being) and .Fill(ds) the dataset which is then the .DataSource for the Grid

. . . . but I'm doing something wrong.

I update a command object's .SelectCommand with SQL selecting TOP 1 for the single row

upper grid . .. . by the .DataBind is not updating the Grids.

Do you have a sample of timer code driving the populating of grids ?

Thank you,

XPXJ

posted

Hello XPXJ,

In such scenarios you could use two different TableAdapters for each of your UltraGrids.
    For the Gird which contains only single record, you could use a TableAdapter`s Fill method with parameter @ID – this is the ID of selected row from your second UltraGird which contains the large dataset and you could call this method for example in ultraGrid2_AfterRowActivate().
    Please take a look at the attached sample. There are SQL scripts that create a table and fill some data in it.
    Please let me know if you think that I misunderstood your scenario or if you have any questions.
    Regards

UltraGridDataBindingWithDataBase.zip