Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Online Help for FormulaBuilderDialog functions
posted

Hi,

I'm using the FormulaBuilderDialog to allow users to define custom calculations in a grid. In the "Function Builder" dialog, there's a "Help on this function" hyperlink. Clicking it goes to help pages like these:

ms-help://INFRAGISTICS_HELP/NetAdvantagev73/Win/WinElements/WinCalcManager_Logical_Functions.html

But these help files don't seem to be registered.

Where are these help files? Can we deliver them to clients as part of our application installation?

Or alternatively, can we somehow hide this hyperlink?

Thanks.

posted

Hi,

If I am not mistaken, this functionality was removed from the formula builder from our 2008 Volume 3 product version and onward.

This is what it looks like for 2009 Volume 2:

and

Do you have a screen shot of what your Formula Builder looks like for that particular volume? I would like to show the product developers your screen shot (with the links to the help) and ask them if perhaps there is a way to not show the link to the local help. The links on your formula builder appear to be linking to a locally installed help system which we no longer support. In the meantime while waiting for your screen shot, I will do some research to see if there is a way to get to those links. I know those links (for that particular volume) are stored in a resource file for the NetAdvantage assemblies.