Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Dropdown menu button - How to?
posted

I'm wondering how I create a drop down menu button using Infragistics? (That is, the user hits a button, a number of options drop down, such as Save, Delete, Print, and the user can select one).

I think I have to use an UltraDropDownButton and an UltraToolbarsManager together somehow, but I cant for the life of me work it out. I think the WinMisc-Basic Features sample has what I'm after, but I'm having trouble working it out from that example.

Can anyone offer a few pointers?

Thanks. 

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

This might help get you started: 

1. Add an UltraToolbarsManager to your Form

2. Right-click on the toolbars manager in the component tray and select 'Customize...'

3. Click the 'Tools' tab in the customize dialog.

4. Click the 'New' button and add a in the tool type combo, select 'Popup Menu'

5. Specify a key to identify the menu (don't worry about the caption as it will not be seen) and click 'Add'

6. Change the tool type to 'Button' (or any other type of item you want in your drop down).

7. Add the tools you want to be seen in your drop down the same way you added the popup menu.

8. Click 'Close' on the 'New Tool' dialog

9. Select the 'PopupMenuTool Designer' tab on the customize dialog.

10. In the 'Current Menu' drop down, select the popup menu added in step 5.

11. Drag the tools you want in your drop down from the 'Available Tools' section to the section on the left.

12. Click 'Close' in the customize  dialog

13. Add an UltraDropDownButton to the Form and select the new button.

14. In the VS property grid, drop down the arrow for the PopupItem property and select the popup menu added in step 5.

Basically, steps 1-12 deal with defining a drop down menu. The last two steps deal with how to use that menu in a separate drop down control.

Reply Children
No Data