Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Summary of TimeSpan column
posted

Folks, is it possible to have a summary on a TimeSpan column. I have created one and don't get any complaints/exceptions but it doesn't output anything.

Idea is that the column holds how long it took a task to complete and the summary would be an overall total(sum).

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    posted

Hello ,

I see what you mean now. The Sum in the grid and even the Sum function in the CalcManager only work with numeric values. They will not work with a TimeSpan, that’s why you see error in the summary field. The Example I have send was using the days of Time span.
    You can use a custom type summary with an ICustomSummaryCalculator. You need to implement this interface and implement the sum of time span in AggregateCustomSummary method.
    You can find more information here:
    http://help.infragistics.com/Help/NetAdvantage/WinForms/2009.2/CLR2.0/html%5CInfragistics2.Win.UltraWinGrid.v9.2~Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ICustomSummaryCalculator.html

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Dimi
    Developer Support Engineer
    Infragistics, Inc.

Children
No Data