Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to prevent lost of Text property value during Preset application....
posted

My grids lose their Text value every time a Preset is applied to the grid. This occurs even if the Text property is set to nothing (empty string).

So when we make some sort of global change to the grid configuration and apply it to all the grids in our application (at design time), we have to copy the Text value, apply the preset, and paste the Text back into the control. This is pretty annoying.

I could overcome this using the object model and declarative syntax, but we're trying to standardize on using Designer/Design Time for all visual representation. This allows non-coders to update and style the grids directly.

I looked at the XML file used by the presets, and when Text is set to empty string there isn't even a node for it (that I can see). So this seems like maybe a bug in how the preset deals with a null-node?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

It doesn't make sense for the Text property of the grid to be included in the Preset, although, I can see the CaptionVisible property being applied. If Text is changing when you load a preset, then it sounds like a bug to me, and you should report it to Infragistics Developer Support.  Get Help

Children
No Data