Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Add Child Rows to wingrid programatically which is filled with Datasource
posted

Hi All,

In my application i reached at stage where in one form in the wingrid i want to add child rows to the already added DataSource. Let me make it more clear.

In my grid i have loaded DataSource and displaying some records. Lets say the data is about a school and i am displaying the records of the Teachers of the school

So it displays something like this

ID       FirstName      LastName         Phone         Address               SubjectsTaking

1        aaaa                 bbbb                1215           fsdfsdfsd              3

2        bbbb                 cccc                 2548          sdfsdfsdf              2

and so on....Now what i what i want is that based on the LastColumn in which it displays how many subject one teacher takes on base of that i want to add child rows under that Row....Means Teacher1 is taking 3 subjects then i want to add 3 rows and display some data there.....Teacher2 is taking 2 subjects then under row number 2 i want to add 2 rows.

Main thing is that the data which i want to display in ChildRows are not in the database completely and that's why i can't create dataset with related tables and create hierarchical view....so if i get the idea how to achieve this i can create valuelists and bind then to the columns

Regards,

Carlton

Parents Reply Children
No Data