Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWinGrid ColumnChooser Problem
posted

Hi,

I use the following code to set the columnchooser visible.

this.ultraGrid1.DisplayLayout.Override.RowSelectorHeaderStyle = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RowSelectorHeaderStyle.ColumnChooserButton;
            this.ultraGrid1.DisplayLayout.Override.RowSelectorNumberStyle = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RowSelectorNumberStyle.RowIndex;
            this.ultraGrid1.DisplayLayout.Override.RowSelectors = Infragistics.Win.DefaultableBoolean.True;

When i set all the columns invisible, the columnchooser button disappeared. Once I closed the column chooser dialog, I could not reset the columns to visible.

I found that when I set the ultraGridBand1.RowLayoutStyle property(whether RowLayoutStyle.ColumnLayout or RowLayoutStyle.GroupLayout), the columnchooser button disappeared.

But when I set  RowLayoutStyle property to RowLayoutStyle.None or just use the default setting, the columnchooser button didn't disappear.

The problem is that unless I set the RowLayoutStyle property, I cannot design complex column header.

Is there any way to keep the columnchooser button visible, when I set  RowLayoutStyle to ColumnLayout and all the columns invisible?

Thanks in advance.

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

This seems like a bug to me. The grid is assuming that since there are no columns visible that there is no need to create an area for the column headers. But, of course, it should still be leaving space for the RowSelectorHeader.

I will forward this to Infragistics Developer Support so they can take a look.

In the mean time, you could always put a button on the form to show the ColumnChooser manually.