Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Export to excel with HTML in cell
posted

Hi,

Currently, I export a ultragrid that has a column with html content and it renders in excel with the tags - as text it seems. If I copy the cell contents, paste them into notepad, and copy and paste notepad back into Excel, Excel renders it correctly as HTML. Is there a way to export the content and have it render correctly?

Thank you.

Here's a sample of the cell content:

<html><head></head><body>this is a test <strong>Bold</strong><em>Italic</em> a test</body></html>

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

I think what happens is that when you paste into a cell, Excel looks at what you are pasting and sets the data type on the cell based on the contents. If you paste a date, Excel knows to treat it as a date. If you paste a number, Excel treats it as a number, etc. So it must be doing the same thing for Html.

This does not happen when you programmatically set the Value of a cell in code, though. The UltraGridExcelExporter has to handle this explicitly and export the data as the correct type. Currently, the Infragistics.Excel engine does not support the html cell type in Excel. So there's no way the Exported can handle this right now. I recommend that you Submit a feature request to Infragistics and perhaps this can be added in a future release.

Children
No Data