Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to save setting of column when saving the layout of ultragrid
posted

Hi,

I have a ultragrid and a binding source.I am using that binding source as tha datasource for the ultragrid.When I attach that binding source to the ultragrid then I get the schema of the table in the designer view of the ultragrid.I can see the column name in the header of the columns of the grid.Then I changed the caption of the headers in the grid along with some of the properties of the grid.Then I saved the layout of the grid with the help of the wizard in a layout file(.lyt).Then i have removed that binding source from the datasource of the grid.Now I am left with a blank grid.

Now I loaded data in a dataset from the same table which was in tha binding source.And I gave that dataset as the datasource to that grid.Also I loaded the layout file(.lyt) I previously stored.But waht I see is that I got the changes that I made to the grid but the columns headers that I modified was not present it was the original one as in database.

Please help why the column settings was not saved in the layout file?

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Chetna said:
    I got the changes that I made to the grid but the columns headers that I modified

Are you saying that some changes from the layout are getting loading into the grid and other are not? Or that nothing from the layout is having any effect on the grid?

If it's the former, then that should only happen if you are specifying certain options when you saved or loaded the layout. If you chose to save All and you are loading using All, then there's no way you can get a partial layout.

If it's the latter, then my guess is that the data source you are binding to at run-time does not exactly match the one you were using when you saved the grid at design-time.

The data structure has to be exactly the same in order to load the layout. That means all of the columns and bands have to have the same keys.

Reply Children
No Data