Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
OutlookExpress - Application slows and hangs as number of columns increase
posted

Hi Mike,

I am in need of your help. I have developed an application using WinTree control with view style OutlookExpress. Problem is that as the number of columns increases, the application slows down and hangs at some point. So I think of loading data on demand. Kindly advice.

TIA,

Sheeba

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

If the application is truly "hanging", that is, execution is stuck in an infinitely recurring loop, my first suspicion would be a circular reference somewhere in the data. If the app is not actually hanging but suffering from extremely poor performance, it is possible there is a bug in the control. You did not mention the number of columns at which the control becomes unuseable, but generally speaking the more detail the better...you might want to either post a sample application here or log an incident with Developer Support and include a sample there. It is difficult/impossible to speculate about the problem without seeing the code.

Children
No Data